If you don't like looking at pictures…this is not a post for you. We had a busy few days and I need to catch up!
I last left off at the hospital. We had a couple of more days there. The longer we were there, the better John got. Here he is a little more comfortable walking around.
I last left off at the hospital. We had a couple of more days there. The longer we were there, the better John got. Here he is a little more comfortable walking around.
This was right after we found out there was no more cancer. Happy. Happy.
Then they started unhooking him. He didn't know what to do walking around without that big ole' cart. Don't forget to notice the mustache. All of his hair is growing back, but it started with the mustache. It is super dark. I'm beginning to think it is all going to grow back much darker.
They let us go on Friday. Since John we wanted to leave Friday if at all possible, the doctors went on and signed his discharge papers earlier that day instead of in the afternoon. We went about four hours and stopped at Brian's house to hang out for a bit. We had to stop about every hour and I do think the trip was harder on him than he expected…but we made it!
We got a hotel outside of Nashville Friday night, then got up Saturday morning and drove the rest of the way home. He did better Saturday than he did the day before.
We had two little boys waiting on us to pick them up!!! They both really missed us and Mason was worried sick, so we couldn't wait to get home.
I got John situated and took the boys outside for the day so John could rest. We had a picnic in the backyard.
And we played and played. Here is Brody copying everything Mason does. He is always swinging this way.
It was quite warm, so I got the water table out. Brody LOVES this thing.
It was a very different Easter Sunday, but it was one I won't forget. No church, no big family gathering (that we went to)…just our little family.
John missed all the Easter basket fun so I took lots of pictures. They were pretty excited about everything and have been eating candy for the past 48 hours .
Trying on his new shoes.
The Easter bunny left a few plastic eggs with goodies outside. They both love hunting eggs.
We ate donuts.
And dyed eggs.
Of course, I had already bought them new Easter outfits, so I dressed them up to attempt a picture. Didn't turn out so well…Brody appears to be rather annoyed with his big bro.
And then adores him in the next picture.
We decided to hunt more eggs outside again.
I went on and cooked Easter lunch. I burnt the green beans and bought a Honey Baked ham, but it was still good. =)
Both of my boys LOVE deviled eggs. I think Mason would eat 6 if I let him.
Best picture we could get.
Love these boys. (matching was not planned)
Our neighbors were doing an Easter egg hunt Sunday afternoon. There are so many kids and some take naps. It took a while to get everyone ready, so we went outside and played. Mason tried out his new baseball contraption.
But it was so hot! I even got sunburned.
We had popsicles while we waited.
As everyone started coming out, the kids wanted to play in the sprinklers. So redneck Easter egg hunt was underway with a bunch of kids in their bathing suits.
Brody was asleep by now, but Mason had a BLAST.
Mickey Mouse and Pops stopped by to bring a truckful of Easter candy. Ha.
So sweet.
Mom got them a bunny that poops jelly beans…because Mason totally needs another reason to say "booty" or "poop"!
Learning to yo-yo.
It was a great day. Like I said, it was definitely different, but I wouldn't want to spend it with anyone else than our little family. It was just so nice to sit back and watch the kids play. Hopefully, our lives will start to calm down, and we can enjoy life everyday! Just a simple, cancer-free life! =)
























No comments:
Post a Comment