Mason wanted to watch the movie he got from the Easter Bunny Sunday night. I'm always up for some Dennis the Menace. But watching it with my four and a half year old had me sweating…I really hope he doesn't get any ideas. If he gets a hold of a sling shot, we may be in trouble.
Someone got a little bit of a tan. He seems to brown a little easier than big brother.
I didn't have to go to work Monday. I needed to get some things done, so the boys went on to school. But not before a Gibson's Donuts date with Mason. This kid loves some donuts.
One of my chores was yard work…I did not know this included finding a loooong snake in our yard. I screamed like a little girl yelling for John. I'm not sure what I thought he could do. I'm praying he is gone!
(you can see his head popping up in the leaves)
I picked the boys up early and took them with me to Lowe's for more plants. Apparently, Mason's silliness while driving was bothering Brody.
Brody has been pretty silly himself lately. He is the funniest child. He is wild and loud at home, but is the quietest person around people. Our neighbors, that have a little boy his age, came over to play the other night. Brody just pulled out his Cozy Coop and chilled in it the whole time they were there. Wouldn't say a word. He finally told them bye when they were half way home.
But at our house, he is constantly doing things like this…on purpose!
And then there's this. Mason does a "shake my booty" song while literally shaking his booty. I don't know how many times I have told him not to do it. Apparently anything regarding your booty is hilarious to a four year old.
Well anything Mason does is hilarious to Brody, so here he is shaking his booty.
Mason had t-ball practice again. I actually got to go and watch. He sure has some fight out there. He doesn't quite get the game yet, though. I think he is combining baseball and football since he was out there tackling whoever got to the ball first…like his own teammates. (he's in the neon orange)
Brody was ready to get out there and play.
And he is by far the smallest player on the team. It is 4-6 year olds but most are going to be in Kindergarden or First Grade next year. We still have another year in pre-school.
I really like his coach. They sit down together at the end of practice and talk about teamwork. Then, one of the players leads them in prayer.
Total change in subject, but look who's hair is growing back?!
Mason's class surprised us with a gift yesterday. It is a binder with a huge assortment of gift cards to restaurants and their menus. They also gave us a great book written by a woman who's daughters went to CTK. She actually had cancer and went through chemo herself. She had a hard time explaining her hair falling out to her four year old, so she wrote a children's book about it. I would have loved to have it at the beginning of our adventure. It is a sweet book and I would definitely recommend it to anyone going through the same thing with young kids!
This awesome weather just means more playing outside and big smiles on faces.
John has been feeling pretty good. He helped Mason practice the other night. He can't stand for too long, but he is doing great!
More little brother problems. He is dying to play tball! Even found Mason's game day hat.
Such sweet boys. I love Brody's little smile here.
Here we go again. I planted a garden of veggies after seeing one similar on Pinterest. I do have to say, it was extremely easy doing it like this!
Tonight, Mason asked me if he could play with my engagement ring. I explained what it was and that it wasn't anything to play with. Then he said he wanted to see what we looked like when we got married. So we watched the short video of our wedding . He just couldn't believe we were on tv.
(he wouldn't even stop watching it to take a picture)
After the video was over, he ran to his room and came back with a ring. He told me he loved me and wanted to give me a ring like his Daddy did. Made my heart melt.

















No comments:
Post a Comment