Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 14, 2014

Family Fun and Pre-Op

So I am a little behind in posting here.  

Sometime last week, I had a cute little boy as my first patient.  He did so well and, of course, talked a mile a minute to everyone.  He loves coming to the dentist and tells me how much he loves me because "I do so good cleaning his teeth".  Love him.  


We had to make another trip to the ENT to check on Brody's ears.  He had an ear infection in the left ear (which we knew because it was draining).  She put him on a stronger antibiotic and had us try ear drops.  Hopefully it will solve the problem.  He will go back for a check in 3 weeks.  

He stole my brand new thing of Boogie wipes from my purse….of course he pulled almost every sheet out. 




We went to Las Delicious one night for dinner.  We were brave taking them and who knows when we will do it again.  Ha. 

Looks like I need to buy Brody his own stool.  He gets up there with Mason every morning when we brush teeth.  Sweet brothers. 



Mason had field day Friday.  Their class' color was pink.  I prepped him since ya know, "pink is a girl color".  



I always buy myself a shirt because who doesn't love t-shirts, and it always makes Mason happy to have matching clothes. 

We left Sunday for Indianapolis for John's surgery so we had a fun-filled family day on Saturday.  
Started it out right at Perkins.  

Brody was super excited…

We got to the zoo when it opened.  It was a beautiful day outside and was actually pretty hot.  
Mason in front of the zoo.  

Checking out the tigers. 

Mason in front of a jaguar…I think.  He seriously had a blast.

Brody was really happy at the beginning but quickly wanted out of his stroller since his brother was walking. 

This bird was building a nest for these eggs and sitting on it.  I thought it was pretty cool.


All of us in front of the monkeys. 

All of the boys watching the bears play fight (I think) in the water.  



I mean were we in Africa?!  I feel like that is how good this picture is!  They were so close to us! 


Waiting for the sea lion show. 


Brody was so tired by now. 

We wore them plum out. 

Once everyone woke up from their naps, we hung out in the backyard.  We did some yard work and played on the swing set.  Brody got to slide for the first time and obviously loved it...

We had a little quality time with our cousins.  Anderson, Griffin, and Brody swang for a while.

Mason wanted his picture with Grandma Reba.  

Those three look like they are up to something! =)

Mamaw and Darlene came over to see John before we left.  Brody enjoyed their company. 

All of our friends and some of their parents got together and gave us a huge basket of road trip goodies.      All kinds of things from magazines, books, fingernail polish, coffee mugs, snacks, gift cards, and money.  I was not expecting it at all and, of course, cried.  It was just so thoughtful and another reminder of how amazing all of our friends are.  They have all been through this with us every step of the way. 


We also got gift cards and money from the doctor I work for and also John's work.  Again, we are just surrounded by such awesome people. 


Sunday morning, we got up early and had to say goodbye to our sweet little boys.  Brody had no problem waving "bye" while he was eating donuts.  But I know he will miss us because he's a mommas boy.  =)


Then we said goodbye to Memphis.


And I quickly got into my white cheddar popcorn…its my go-to on a road trip every time!

It was a very boring yet easy drive.  But I could've thought of other places, like the beach, we could've driven to….not a place where it's going to snow tonight!


We went to St. Elmo's for dinner and tried the famous shrimp cocktail.  It is so spicy, my sinuses cleared immediately.  It was an experience, that's for sure.  But dinner was delicious. 


He was so excited to take a picture.




Today we met with Dr. Foster.  He was so informative and very reassuring.  Sometimes this surgery can be very complicated and take long hours, even removing some of the intestines, a kidney, or repairing the Aorta.  But John's shouldn't be any of that.  It seems much more simple and should only last about two and a half hours.  It is so comforting knowing he is in the hands of one of the very best in the world.  I will keep everyone updated tomorrow!  It is a big day, but again, we are just so thankful to be doing the right thing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment