Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Big Weekend

We had an awesome weekend.  It was super busy, but we were able to rest and enjoy Mother's Day Sunday.


My friend Stephanie got married Saturday, so we had all the rehearsal festivities Friday after work.
I met these ladies at the church for rehearsal.  There is just something so special about us all being friends for so long.  We had the best time together all weekend and were all just so happy for Steph.    



Then I went and picked up this guy on the way to the dinner.  


It was at this beautiful barn in Piperton.  



And Patrick's mom had it decorated so well.  It was absolutely stunning!  


All the bridesmaids with the bride.  


All five of us Gtown gals.  


Mr. Twiford made us all cry during his sweet speech.  

All of us with our boys.  



And then the DJ turned it up.  Yes…there was a DJ.  Fun night!


My Mom had watched the boys at our house so they could wake up with us the next morning.  I knew I would be gone ALL day, so anytime we could get with them was good.

I turned my head for two seconds and Brody was opening Mason's door to wake him up.  He wasn't happy, so I told him I would lay on the couch with him.  


Then John gave me my Mother's Day gift from him a little early.  A guy from his work went to China and brought back this Beats Pill for John (or me).  I love it.  We were able to use it at the church to listen to music during all the downtime.  


Brody was proud of his things he made at Pat's house.  =)



My mom came back over and picked up Brody to take him to a friend's birthday party.  It was at a farm in Collierville and they had the best time.  I hated I couldn't go, but she took pictures and I was thankful she was able to take him.  They rode donkeys and fed all kinds of animals.  



Thank you sooooo much Mickey Mouse!!!!


Waiting on cake.  

The party was at 10 which was perfect so he could still get his nap in after.  I think he fell asleep as soon as they got in the car.  He napped for a while and then Mom took him over to Mrs. Judy's house when John and Mason got there.  

Mason had t-ball games (still couldn't play) Saturday morning, so John took him to the fields.  Mason got to play with his friends, run the bases during breaks, and eat snacks with them.  He had a great time.    He has been such a trooper wanting to still go to the games even though he can't play.  

So everyone met back at The Browers' where the boys spent the night.  




All the while, I was at Steph's bridesmaids brunch at her gorgeous, new house.  We all hung out for a while before it was time to get serious about some hair and makeup.



We had to be at the church at 3:30 for pictures.  We walked in and the flowers were just breathtaking.  


Her sis and Mom helping her get ready. 





Love these people.  


The bride and groom after the ceremony.  

No lie, I was the third shortest bridesmaid.  


The reception was at Acre and it was amazing….from the decor to the food to the band.  It was all perfect.  

John was surper excited to take a picture with me, and it was Jake's birthday…that's all that needs to be said.  =)

You can see how pretty the tent was decorated in this picture.  We had the best time.  There were such a variety of people there that we knew who were friends with the bride and the groom.  It is a VERY small world!



Ben and Melissa were there because they grew up and went to school with Patrick.  


Such a fun reception. 






We woke up early Sunday and picked up the boys.  They were happy to see us and excited to tell me Happy Mother's Day.  Mason asked me all day if I was having the best Mother's Day ever.  So sweet.

I love these boys with all my heart, and I cannot imagine how boring my life would be without them! =)

After getting yard work done, Mom, Dad, John's parents and Grandmother were able to come over for dinner.  We grilled out steaks and relaxed outside.  

Glad I got to spend Mother's Day with this special lady.  




And we were glad to hang out with Mrs. Judy and Gma Reba.  


John did such a good job with Mother's Day this year.  I don't need anything, but he really put thought into a few things.  He made the boys really excited about the day, which always makes it more special.  



No comments:

Post a Comment