Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Week Recap

This blog is all over the place.  Just recapping the last week.  


Mason's class hung up their spring pictures.  I was totally impressed by his painting.  Most were just blobs of paint.  I hate to say it (because I don't want to be one of "those Moms"), but his was the best.  Hands down.  =)


He was finally was able to pick some fruits of labor.  Granted, the strawberries were tiny and there were only two, but they tasted great and Mason was super excited.  He savored every moment.  


We have a ton of tomatoes.  Maybe I can sell them?!  Ha. 


I believe John is feeling better….he let the boys climb all over him.  They had been missing out on him "carrying" them to their rooms before bed. 


This child, this child.  


We are using parts of the old swing set to make a big, wooden fort.  I am so excited and they boys are too.  It has come a looooong way since this picture!


Dad has been coming over to help and we are so thankful.  John and I aren't exactly "handy", but it has been fun!  Stay tuned...


This is what the boys do over and over again every night.  Brody slides down on his tummy into Mason's back.  They both laugh for a whole minute,  then Brody climbs up to do it again.  


Blowing off his eggs Saturday morning.  He thinks everything is too hot to eat right away.    


He also screams until we push him up closer to the big boys at the big table.  We have needed to replace the chairs because they have wheels on them and I don't want him to fall off.  Hopefully we can get some soon.  



Better not take my bacon.  He has really started using words here lately.  It sure has taken long enough!  He certainly knows "no" well.  But also Mama, Dada, Bubba, balloon, Emma, etc.  


They look like they love each other, but they annoyed each other all weekend!  


Saturday night we had dinner with my dental hygiene friends and their hubbys.  We had a blast and should do it more often!  Times have sure changed…we were all yawning at the dinner table by 10:00. No more staying out all night in downtown Memphis like in college.  


I decided to give Brody a haircut myself.  He hates going, so I hate going.  I sat there Sunday afternoon for a while and finally just tried it.  His hair is wavy so it wasn't too hard.  


And then he fell….he hit his head on our tile in the kitchen.  This picture looks MUCH more worse then it ended up looking.  It went down pretty quick and you can't even tell anything happened.  Crazy because that knot looks horrible!


Daddy to the rescue. 

Just pestering each other.  Brody climbed up in Mason's chair while he was eating…so Mason started pulling Brody's hair.  I guess this is only going to get worse.


To get out of the house, we decided to take a stroll around the neighborhood.  Our neighbor had told us about a big open field that kids go to play pickup games of football, baseball, etc.  Mason was on a mission to find secret passageways.  



And we found one.  There is a trail that runs through the back of the neighborhood.  It was pretty cool.  



And then we found this huge field (and a duck).  I'm sure the kids will play here for years to come.  

We also saw deer.  Mason was impressed. 


Emma worked real hard on getting out while we were out walking.  She dug into the mud and had to have a bath.  Brody thought it was hilarious.  She did not. 


What does a dog do after a bath?!?!  Roll around in the pile of dirty clothes lying on the floor ready to be taken to the washing machine.  Brody also thought this was something he should participate in. 


Who knew the ice cream truck still comes around?!   Mason and his friends were jumping up and down waiting on him to come to them.  




Of course I had just given Brody a bath.  


Wearing their matching flip flops now that it is nice and sunny again!  Lets get through this week so we can enjoy a long Memorial Day weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment