Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 5, 2014

Fun Fun Weekend

I feel like we have been so chaotic around here lately.  Between ER visits, doctor appointments, work, and meetings, I feel like we have been drowning for a while!  We ended up having a nice, family-filled weekend starting Saturday, and it was VERY much needed.  


It's hard to get tshirts on Mason, but Daddy's shirt does the trick.  


I feel like we have a recovery wing in our house with these two.  


Excited he was able to wear his Spiderman shirt.  It is one of the soft cotton shirts, so it stretched a little more than normal.  


Friday night we had dinner with my friend from work and her husband to celebrate her birthday.  John was able to hang for a couple of hours, and we enjoyed the company.  =)



Saturday morning we got up bright and early and headed to the t-ball fields.  Mason isn't able to play but he should be able to catch the last couple of games of the season.  John was even able to explain a little bit about the game to him….of course he wasn't interested but hopefully it will help with the meltdowns.  =)


He and Brody just kind of ran around.  I know Mason isn't suppose to be running and playing much right now but it is IMPOSSIBLE.  Obviously the doctor doesn't have a four year old at home.  He did fall a couple of times throughout the day and it didn't seem to bother him.  I know it's still healing, but I'm thankful it isn't as painful anymore.  


Saturday afternoon, Robert, Becca and the kids came over to play and grill out.  It was a beautiful day outside, so we played out there a lot.  Uncle Robert was helping entertain the kids with a wagon ride….whatever works with three toddlers!

(Anderson and Brody)


Emma is not fond of children…especially toddlers.  But she will be their best friend when they are eating and Griffin was doing some eating Saturday.  She wouldn't leave his side.  (she also gained a pound probably)


Anderson wanted in the cozy coop too, so why not sit on his brother.  =)


We just threw a bunch of veggies and meat on the grill.  



And then decided to eat outside.  We had an adult and a kids' table.  


Poor Reese is the only girl….but at least she owns it and can wear a tiara!  I don't know how similar they all look, but I do know that their hair color is pretty close to the same color looking at this picture!


Griffin found a new love for some corn on the cob.  He may have carried that thing around for a while. =)


Emma with mac and cheese all over her thanks to Brody.  


We just played and played after dinner.  




I lost Brody for a minute and found him playing in the mulch.  


I saw online an easy way to build a fire for s'mores.  You just take a terra cotta pot and line with aluminum foil.  Then fill with charcoal that already has the lighter fluid on them (this is important we found out) and light it!  So easy…I want to do this every night!!!!


Trying to figure out what we were doing. 


The spread. 


The older kiddos were obviously the only ones participating (with our help of course), but they were nice and made s'mores for the little ones.  


The babes were all exhausted at this point.  







Griffin liked the s'mores almost as much as the corn.  



Here was their initial reaction to the fire once we got it going….a tad worried.  But they did great and had lots of fun.  

One of the best parts is blowing the marshmallow.  =)



Brody helped me.  


When we were done, we gave the little ones a bath and then they crashed.  Brody was happy I put him to bed and these guys passed out!


(I think this is how we all felt by the end of the night)

But it was a really fun day, and I'm so glad John is starting to feel better. 



I worked in the yard Sunday afternoon while the boys played in the backyard. 


I extended my garden.  They are growing like weeds!!!



We decided to eat at Central BBQ for an early dinner.  No naps (well one early morning for Brody) means tired boys!  Central BBQ isn't as close as it was in our old house, so both boys fell asleep on the way there.  

I was worried how they would do in the restaurant,  but Brody cheered up after this picture was taken.  Ha. He loves me.  


But poor Mason wouldn't wake up.  He literally slept like this (head on napkin and all) the entire dinner.  

Yum.


Mason ended up waking up when we pulled back into our driveway!  It was a peaceful meal out.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment