Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 12, 2014

He's Back

I still have to get through last week before I can post about the weekend.  


I just thought Brody looked cute walking into Pat's house in his new shoes one morning last week.  


I am not very good at growing anything, but I think I will do much better this year because I have a helper.  Mason waters the garden everyday.  He may or may not get out of control with it sometimes and soak anyone within a mile radius from him...


Picking roses for our teachers during Teacher Appreciation Week.  


Dad helped us out and cut a small tree down at our rental property.  Brody and I stopped by to check on him.  I cannot keep this kid out of dirt or mulch….just look at his face. 


Mason had Muffins with Mom at school Wednesday.  They sang the sweetest songs, and he was so proud.  


We went back to their classroom to eat and give us sweet presents. 

He painted a pot for me and planted the flowers his very own self.    


And he painted this beautiful corsage for me.   It may be a little large and I may have been hesitant to put it on, but once he saw I was wearing it, he was so excited.  =)


Apparently he is obsessed with the iPad and I smell like bananas.  I had to read this out to the entire class.  You didn't know what they had written until it was time to read.  I, of course, was nervous about reading out loud (some things never change) but really nervous about what he had written.  


Brody will just never learn.  He LOVES playing in the dirt. 




And at the end of last week, John went back to work.  It hasn't even been four weeks since surgery (tomorrow will be) and he was already back at it.  He is such a hard worker, and I am so proud of him.  I thought maybe he should at least do half days, but he stayed all day long.  I know it gets boring sitting at home and must feel good to get back into his "normal" routine.

We are so blessed he was able to beat this cancer, but also that it only took about 5-6 months of our life.  I know some last years.  It has not been easy on our little family, but we have had so much support from everyone around us.  I really feel like we were able to keep our boys feeling like not much had changed, and for that I am so grateful.

It helped that John wanted our lives to be as normal as possible.  He did way more than he should have around the house and with the kids.  And he did it because he wanted to.  He is one pretty amazing guy and I'm glad we have him back!!!  I think it will be a couple more months until he feels like his old self, but we still like him however he feels.  =)


We had a big weekend with a wedding and Mother's Day.  I will do a separate post for that.  

1 comment: