Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 4, 2010

First of Many Trips to the Zoo!!!


So we went for the very first time with Mason to the zoo!  We are so fortunate to have the Memphis zoo.  It really is awesome and one of my favorite things to do when it gets warm!

This was before we went, and as you can see Mason was pumped to be going!  John and I were both off on Friday so we had a really good time doing something fun just the three of us.  Since Mason was born in October...all I have heard is "Make sure he is covered up!" and "People will talk about you if he doesn't have on a hat!"  (thanks Mom)  So it was 80 degrees on Friday, but I really wasn't sure if he was allowed to wear summer stuff this early.  Well we got there and he was definately the only kid with pants on, and he even had socks, tennis shoes, and a long sleeved shirt!  Needless to say, we had to roll his sleeves up and take off his shoes and socks! =)  And when we got home I put him in a cute summer outfit!


We got to see the new TetonTrek exhibit with grizzly bears and wolves AND even got to see the Sea Lion show!!!  (Im pretty sure I was the most excited about this)
He looks kinda goofy in this picture...he wasn't quite sure what was going on!  Here is John and I at the show...


Mason pretty much just got strolled around the whole time in the beautiful weather, which has been rare since it is just now turning warm.  He was more interested in his feet than the animals...



I can't wait until he gets as excited as I do to go to the zoo! =)

Mason had run a slight fever Thursday but he seemed like he felt just fine.  But Friday night he woke up FIVE times!!  He hasn't gotten over this cold he has had for two weeks...so he couldn't breathe and he started grabbing his ears.  Fortunately our doctor's office is open Saturday mornings so we got up early and off we went.  He has double ear infections again! =( 

We already had a big day Saturday planned with John's family that were ALL in town.  We took a big family picture and then got to spend some quality time together, and Mason was a huge trooper through it all! It was obvious he did not feel well because he is never a cuddler and that is all he wanted to do, which was fine because we just sat around all day with family.  He slept Saturday night from 7:00pm to 7:00am and was a MUCH happier baby today! =)

I will post pictures with the family and Easter pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment