Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Almost Turkey Time

We had a great low-key weekend and beginning of this week. We got to see the babies again and then really, just stayed locked inside our house! I think by Sunday we were going a little stir-crazy.

Saturday I really wanted to get the house clean but goodness, it is hard to keep all 200 of Mason's cars put away. I think the house is cleaner during the week than on the weekends.

Brody chilled out on his playmat for a while.




I found the cutest boots at Target! I think it's so hard to find cute shoes for little boys. I love these and Mason seems to also. The best part is he can wear socks (you can't with Toms) and they are pretty comfortable.








Ole Miss played LSU Saturday. Somehow, John and I managed to get both boys down for a nap in their beds AT THE SAME TIME!!! Better yet, it was during the game. It only lasted for about thirty minutes because Brody woke up hungry, but we didn't know what to do. So I decided to take a picture. It was a very successful moment as parents.



But not too long after a bottle, this little guy was passed out again. He just couldn't handle the craziness of the game. :)



I did go see Breaking Dawn Part 2 with my girlfriends Sunday night. It was sooooo good. I loved it. I thought it was better than the book, and Ive never said that before about a movie! I can't remember the last time I went to the movies either.


Yesterday after school, Mason wanted to watch Cars in our bedroom. I was making dinner and it was awfully quiet. I went to check on everyone and this is what I found. :)




And here were the boys this morning. Brody's eyelashes are getting so long. This kid is happy happy in the morning.



Mason wore his turkey shirt. They had a Thanksgiving parade at school.




I only have to work half a day tomorrow and then off until next Monday. Very excited.

Brody is still pretty congested and has been consistently waking up for a bottle! At this point, I'm wondering if he is now used to it. He will wake up between 4-5:30. He does go right back to sleep which is nice but it is starting to get old after three weeks!!! We are going to work on it the next several nights.


A couple of things Mason has been doing...

*Just recently, he seems to really enjoy Brody around. He has never really had a problem with him, but didn't seem to care one way or another if he's here. He now gets very concerned if we don't go right away and pick him after I get Mason from school. And it is always because John got off in time to get Brody, but Mason is so worried we are leaving him.

*The last two nights, if Brody starts to get a little upset, Mason runs to find a paci and stick it in his mouth. The first time, he does a good job. But if it pops right back out, he kind of shoves it back in his mouth like it will stick better. :) Poor Brody.

*We were trying to listen to something on the news last night and Mason was being pretty loud. He was tossing his cars in different containers and making them crash which always calls for loud booms and police sirens. John and I were having a hard time hearing so I asked him to be a little quieter for a minute. He kind of just ignored me so I asked him once again...he threw his hand on his forehead and said, "Mommy, you're killing me!" Didn't realize I was so annoying! :)

He also has saying "I love you" down to a tee. It will always melt your heart. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment