Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Ice Storm 2013

We had another half day at work today due to an ice storm warning.  We got a good bit of freeing rain again and boy was it cold.  Mason's school also got out early so me and the boys had a fun afternoon snuggled up at home.  I'm pretty sure John is enjoying dinner being ready when he walks in the door!


Iced grass

We heated up some good ole hot chocolate from the Keurig and watched Mater Tales.  Guess who picked that movie out.


I looked up from enjoying my delicious drink and noticed BOTH boys with their fingers in their mouths.  It is the most frustrating thing trying to break Mason from this habit and now Brody is trying to do the same thing?!  Oh no he isn't!


We got a little creative as the night went on.  Mason put his cars blanket cape on and we had Spiderman and Batman fights.  He was Batman, John and I were Spiderman.  We entertain around here.

 I'm sure school will go on as planned tomorrow but ya never know around here.  We will see.



I never posted about our busy weekend. 

Friday night we went to my parents' house for my Special Day celebration dinner.  We have always gone to Red Lobster to get crab legs for as long as I can remember but the last couple of years we have just cooked at their house.   I love these little guys to death, but we are not all going to Red Lobster to eat.  I just do not think that cracking crab legs mixes well with a 3 year old and a 5 month old.  We ended up ordering it to-go this year and it was just as good.  I hate I didn't get any pictures but it was probably because I was knee deep in crab legs.  =)



My mom, the boys and myself met Mrs. Connie, Ashley, and Brinkley Saturday morning to exchange Christmas gifts and go out to eat.  Brinkley and Mason always have a fun time when they are together.  It was quite comical though.  If one was happy, the other was not.  But we had a great time.  Brody wasn't sure what to think about those crazy kids.  (they were taking turns playing with Brody's toy on his carseat)

Mrs. Connie and Mr. Jimbo got Mason this new tool bench.  He LOVES it!  You can hear him beating the screws in there at all hours.  =)



Saturday night I went to dinner with my girlfriends to celebrate mine and Blake's birthdays.  We had great conversation and way too much food.




Sunday we had lunch at my grandma's house.  She cooked my favorite meal and I made sure to bring plenty home.  I think I probably gained 10 lbs last weekend.


Brody playing with Darlene.


Brody and Mamaw.  If he would ever start eating real food...maybe one day he could try her good meals!



No comments:

Post a Comment