We had a pretty low-key weekend. I feel like we have gotten back into our normal routine...finally! It isn't as easy going to the grocery store with two, so I make sure to buy all of the food for the week on Sunday. We do a load of laundry almost every night during the week. It makes the weekends enjoyable.
While Brody's hair was wet, we gave him a mohawk. He was copying his cousin Griffin, who has been known to wear one every now and then.
We told Mason he was looking sharp and I wanted to take a picture one morning before school. He ran in his classroom and told Mrs. Williams he was sharp. =)
Brody and I before work one morning. This little guy had woken up a little early this particular morning.
And who doesn't love a little naked baby.
Brody is really into his jumparoo right now. I'm not sure Mason was ever that big of a fan, but Brody seems to love it. When we hold him now, he starts moving his little legs like he's jumping.
He even fell asleep jumping. Notice his hands are down by his side too. When I walked over to make sure he was okay, he woke up, started jumping immediately, and fell right back asleep. He was pretty content, so we went ahead and ate dinner in peace. =)
Saturday night we had a house warming party to go to. It was for one of Mason's friends' parents party. Aiden got to have a "playroom house-warming" party upstairs and adults stayed downstairs. They even had a babysitter. Mason had a blast and was not ready to leave! We left there and watched the Grizz game at a friend's house. Mason had even more fun when he saw this theatre room!
He wanted to sit in a chair next to his daddy. We picked up Brody after the game was over, but I think Mason had a lot of fun with just John and I. Not to mention, he got to stay up wayyyyy past his bedtime.
We watched football today of course. Brody was pretty interested...
John and I had a couple of adult conversations today. =)
I was reading a friend's blog who started making her own baby food. I have always thought about trying this out knowing it would save a ton of money. We bought a cheap, small food processor at Costco and I started with carrots, peas, and bananas. It was unbelievably easy and not time consuming at all (which I thought would be). Not to mention, the food is so good...it tastes like regular veggies. I know this is how it should be, but I can assure you, the baby food I have always bought does not taste the same.
I was really happy with the end product and will do a couple of more foods tomorrow. I think I will be able to also have Mrs. Pat use the frozen cubes of food at her house as well. When paying for childcare for two kids...any money we can save is good. I will say though, I actually saved quite a bit today.
Carrots and green ball peas (as I have always called them but I think the correct term in English peas)
The other topic John and I talked about was....Disney World. Nothing too important. Ha But John is again traveling for work there in February for the same show he had to go to last year. I came along last year and we had a great time. Now that we have little Brody, I know it will be a while until we will all go as a family. Since the opportunity has come up again (with John's work paying for his flight), we have decided to take Mason for a very short weekend!! I am sooooooo excited!
We had to make sure at first that it was affordable. We found non-stop flights for Mason and myself leaving Friday night after work. And then we were lucky enough to basically find a Disney resort for almost free with the flights. It also comes with Disney shuttle service where they take care of your luggage...once we get on the plane in Memphis, I will not have to deal with our luggage until I see it in our hotel room in Orlando! That was the only thing I was worried about with traveling alone with Mason.
I think he is going to have a blast and I cannot wait. We will NOT be going back until both boys are more than old enough to enjoy it...even if John has to go back for work. I do think it will be a special treat for Mason, especially since he has had such a big adjustment with his sweet baby brother, but also because I feel like we have been cooped up in this small house a lot. Again, it will only be two days at the parks but they will be two fun days.




No comments:
Post a Comment