We have had a fun Valentine's Day. Mason was very excited this morning when he saw some goodies John and I had bought him. Let me just say, it usually takes Mason 15 minutes to eat his oatmeal (and that is with me rushing him) but this morning he had eaten and gone to the bathroom in about 5 minutes. He was ready to play with all of his new stuff (most importantly the Angry Birds toy).
Last night I made some cookies and stuffed these jars for Mason's teachers. I found it on Pinterest and it took no time at all. It was the least we could do after all the fun they had with Mason the day before (more to come on this).
Brody and Mason both brought these for Valentine's Day for their classmates/friends. I was able to just buy one box and split between the two classes. Maybe we can be a little more creative next year.
Here was Mason's loot this morning. Turns out, John had bought him some things and so had I...had no idea! I couldn't get a picture with the Angry Bird toy because he quickly hijacked it.
Bright flash.
Only picture I could get of both boys. Brody's shirt says "My middle name is Romeo" and Mason's says "Chicks love Super Heroes".
Romeo himself.
Cute little fella. (notice the Angry Birds stuff in the background on the floor...kid is obsessed!)
John and I don't usually do anything for Valentine's Day but I saw this 14 Days of Love idea on Pinterest. I decided to do it for 7 days. It was all super cheap and easy. Don't think I will do it again though...we just ended up with a lot of calories sitting around the house.
And here's the finale.
I was really glad Mason was even able to go to school today. We got a call around 9:00 yesterday morning from his teacher. He had gone to the bathroom a couple of times and then had just thrown up everywhere. And I mean everywhere...I washed his clothes. John came home to stay with him because it is almost impossible for me to clear my schedule in such short notice. Turns out, once he got home he acted completely normal...like nothing had ever happened (besides of course repeatedly talking about it). Even the lady in the office said she had never seen such a sick little boy talk as much as he did. =)
This morning Mrs. Williams said she was glad to see him back. She told me she wasn't surprised he didn't get sick anymore because she was sure he had gotten everything out at school. Ha. So yeah, I don't think the cookies I made were enough!
Here is the sick little boy himself...with the bucket included just in case.
I'm hoping this little bug has left the house. But at the end of the day today and tonight, his tummy is a little upset again. I guess it could have been from the candy at school because he was fine all day, but several kids in his class yesterday and today went home sick. We shall see how tomorrow goes but I'm starting to wonder if we are getting a second round.
I just hope this little booger doesn't catch it...
This was last night in his cute little "crawlings" socks that he got for Christmas from his Aunt Becca, Uncle Robert, Reese, and the boys. I think they are absolutely adorable. It would be a lie if I said I didn't buy another pair of designer socks for him.
Happy Valentine's Day!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment