Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Backyard Picnic

Emma officially hates Brody now that he is so mobile.  I feel sorry for her because her little life is so different now that we have two boys in this house.  I don't blame her for being a little worried about them...she only weighs 3 pounds.  I was taking a picture of Brody and he darted off in her direction.  

This is what I got...
I'm not sure if it is poor Emma or poor Brody.


Our flowers are blooming in our yard.  Mason has been helping me water our tomato plants and also checking to see when the flowers were ready.  We picked the best ones and brought them to Mrs. Williams this week.  He was so proud.    


Caught this little guy laughing.  Its a blurry picture but I still love how it captures that big ole' smile. 


We cannot keep him still.  Trying to take a picture is impossible.  Mason was trying pretty hard to keep him from crawling away.  =)



I picked up the kids Friday after work and headed to my parents to hang out and meet John.  I was giving Brody a bottle and he seemed fine...until he threw up EVERYWHERE.  I mean everywhere.  I had on white jeans and both legs were completely soaked and yellow.  Eww.  Fortunately I found some old clothes at their house to wear.  Sporting the GHS shorts.

We decided the damage had been done, so we called it a night and went home.  



I had to work for a few hours Saturday morning and when I got out of the shower, Mason was in the bed helping John sleep in a bit.  That is what daddies are for. 

Brody had actually had a rough night.  We were up a couple of times and he threw up again.  He also had started with this terrible cough and started running a fever.

I could tell as soon as he woke up he had been sweating...check out this hair and sad face.  =(
So I headed off to work and John had to take Brody to the doctor.  Right before they headed out, Mason spilt John's entire cup of coffee all over the floor. 

 I am so very thankful for a patient and helpful husband.  He honestly takes on 50% of the work around the house and with the kids.  We do it together.  I'm sure most men would complain having to watch the kids while their wife works out, goes to Bible Study, or goes out to eat with the girls.  But John doesn't blink an eye and I am very thankful.  

Having said that, I think I was also thankful I was working yesterday morning than handling those boys  after hearing about all of their fun incidents!  Ha.  

The doctor thought Brody's breathing and cough sounded okay.  It has a lot of mucous in it, so I guess that is why it is so nasty sounding.  He does have an ear infection.  Boo.  And she thought he could have some viral tummy problem, but maybe he just has so much snot right now that it made him sick.  Who knows. 


*****************


Mason wanted to do something fun yesterday afternoon, so we decided on a picnic in the backyard since it was so nice outside.  John grilled some hot dogs and smoked sausage, and Mason and I gathered everything else and brought it outside.  We had a fun time.  I thought it would be hard to keep Brody on the mat, but the problem was keeping that kid out of our food!



Diving in for the food.




Occupied him for a minute with a mum mum.  I never used these with Mason, but my friend Stephanie loves them because it takes them a little longer to eat.  I agree...they are my new favorite thing.  


Mason made a "monster" out of his smoked sausage.  


This shows you how lazy Brody is.  He refuses to put anything in his mouth himself.  He wants you to do it for him.  He will not pick up Puffs...he will cry until you put them in his mouth.  I made him put this mum mum in his mouth, but I guess he figured out it would just sit there without any assistance...


Two happy little boys.  

No comments:

Post a Comment