Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

This long weekend started out fabulous!  We went to a beautiful wedding Saturday night.  

 The reception was downtown at One Commerce Square and it was absolutely stunning.  Such a pretty building. 


Some of the girls.  

Got a picture of the four of us.  



We usually go to Mr. Charlie's and Mrs. Linda's for a Memorial Day party that Sunday.  We were so happy the weather was nice this year.  Here are the boys ready to head to the party in their matching swim trunks. 


My boss gave me some Ray Bans that her girls had when they were young.  They are in perfect condition and now my child has nicer sunglasses than I will ever have.  

But he was ready to get in that pool the moment we walked in.  He looks like such a big boy this year. 


I had already bought Brody a float for the summer, but it hadn't come in yet.  We stopped by Target on the way there and picked up this cute thing.  He had his own Batmobile.  The water was pretty cold but he just floated around all relaxed.  


Brinkley, 
Mason and Brody.

 Our fam.


Pops did a great job keeping Mr. Brody entertained.


 Mason had a BLAST.  He never stopped.  He swam, floated, squirted everyone with water guns, and laughed uncontrollably when Alex, Caroline, and their friend Kendall jumped into the pool.  I mean he had so much fun.  I cannot wait until the beach this year. 


Ashley rocking Brody.  


Brinkley and her Grandaddy.


As soon as we bought the Batmobile, I knew Mason would have a fit over it.  We will probably take the thing with us to the beach this year.  We "drove" him around in the pool. 


This is just the sweetest picture ever.  Brody was almost asleep here.  


And as soon as we pulled out of the neighborhood, Mason crashed.  

We had such a fun day, and I am so glad we did because that night was not so fun.  When I got Mason out of the car he told me he was cold and needed a blanket.  I laughed because I thought he was joking...we had just spent half the day in the heat.  Well next thing I know, he is puking right there in the yard.  Then, John said his stomach was killing him and he needed to lay down.  I knew this was not a good sign.  

Mason got sick one more time, but surprisingly never felt bad.  I got Brody and Mason to bed and did as much laundry as I could and picked the house up because I could tell my stomach was not feeling right.  We were all in bed by 8:30.  Mason and Brody slept well, but John and I took turns throwing up all night.  Fun times. 

John and I have never been sick together (its usually one of us and then the other will get it the next day).  It is nooooo fun when we both are so weak and nauseous when you have two kiddos to take care of the next morning.  They both woke up happy little campers and John and I could hardly stay awake and our bodies were hurting.  


After a few hours, I started feeling a little better and took Mason outside to play in the sprinkler.  We made the most of the day but it was not what we had planned!!




red Koolaid face


The weekend finally caught up with Mason.  He went to sleep between five and six tonight and refused to wake up.  

He obviously had a great Memorial Day weekend minus getting sick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment