The weather has been much better around here and Mason is loving the new neighborhood. One night last week, Mason headed across the street with his Daddy and chalk in hand to play with the other kids. There were four little boys and two girls out there. We may look crazy walking over there with him, but I just know the moment we walk away, Mason will cross the street without looking for cars. He had a great time and told me one of the boys, Luke, was his "new best friend".
Poor little Brody stayed in with me while I cooked...I think he would've rather been outside.
We also got an amazing new couch for FREE from my Dads work. It is a huge sectional that might be the most comfortable thing I have ever sat on. It is now the new place to hang out in our house. The kids play and play and we watch football TV. It is fantastic. John took this picture of me on it watching Duck Dynasty and sent it to my Dad.
Saturday morning Mom and I took the boys to get new shoes for the fall. Brody hasn't really worn shoes much. He actually will not walk in them, so it was time. We went to Jackson's Shoes where we got measured and did the whole thing the right way. Brody fell asleep in the car on the ride there. Here he was...
Turns out, it was probably best. We were able to try different shoes on him and he never knew.
Then we met John for lunch and then headed to get much needed haircuts. I was very worried Brody would scream and do awful. But once they gave him a sucker (blue of all colors) he sat there still as could be.
When one gets a sucker early, so does the other!

Check out that relaxed face...
Happy happy with that sucker but looking much older. =(
But I think it was all a little too much once we got those shoes on him. He was NOT a happy camper. A haircut and shoes?!!!?
Finally getting the hang of it. He seriously looks like a toddler here.
Then we had baths and got into our Ole Miss gear. John and I had a 30th birthday party for our friend Kevin to go to Saturday night so they were off to Mickey Mouse and Pops house. Think they were excited?!
***side note: HOTTY TODDY! We beat Texas! Woo Hoo***
And here was the man of the hour. Best cake I have ever seen.
Blake and I.
Sunday afternoon/night we cooked some steaks and had my parents over for some grub. Mason apparently loves steak.
And this little guy just loves food in general...
"You didn't take my picture, Mom". Can't do someone for one without doing for the other!!!
But this banana pudding was what everyone really wanted.
After a giant bowl of it, this is what banana pudding make you do when your Mom won't give you anymore. Scream like a baby. =(
I also started getting decorated for fall. I love this time of year!
I need some more stuff, but it's a start! Ready to go to a pumpkin patch!!!









No comments:
Post a Comment