Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Back to Reality

John returned from the Bahamas late Tuesday afternoon and we got up EARLY Wednesday to leave for the beach! 

John had a great time and he even caught a marlin!  Apparently, this is a big deal there.  Cat Island is pretty much just a fishing island and everyone is trying to catch marlin (but they throw it back after?????).  Him and a coworker each caught one their first day of fishing and they were the first marlin caught on Mueller's boat this year.  When you catch one, you raise a green flag to show other fishermen a marlin has been caught.  Also, if it is your first marlin...they throw you in the water!  I briefly saw some pictures but he was going to ask the females (you know they are the only ones who took pictures!) to send them to him. 

But this boat they were on is fully staffed with professional fishermen, chefs, etc.   Most of their meals were prepared by the chef and made with the fresh fish they had caught.  I mean they were eating sushi, glazed tuna, and all kinds of things!!  He was living the life! =)


Well we left for Gulf Shores early Wednesday because it was John and Robert's birthdays and we really didn't want to just be in the car the entire day.  It is only a 6 to 6 1/2 hour drive so we were on the beach by 1:30!!!  And we got PLENTY of sun the first day!  The condos we stayed at were sooooo nice!  Very spacious and beautiful.  The bedrooms had balconies that looked over the ocean and the den had a balcony that looked over Mobile Bay...both gorgeous views. 

Mobile Bay

The Ocean!!!

The birthday boys and Will

John and I

All the girls minus Jessica

Becca and I



Here is Becca one morning when we were heading down to the beach...turns out we quickly went back to the condo!  It was so strange but it would rain in the morning and then be just beautiful when it was over.  One morning it was just sprinkling so we waited it out.  It was probably the only time I layed on my stomach and I got fried!!!!!  In the rain!!  It did rain while we were there but we still got ALOT of sun and time on the beach!

John and I on the beach...I swear I have a bathing suit on! =)  We look naked!

The boys checking out the first evidence of oil...

Tar balls...there were MANY more as each day passed...you couldn't get in the ocean on our final day

All the girls on the beach

Jenna, Blake, and I at Cosmo's (the best atmosphere and good food!!!!)

The girls again

Becca, Robert, John, and I 
Jake and Blake
Jenna and Dave

John and I again...



We really did have a wonderful time!  I got updates daily about the Little Man.  And I got a call Friday morning wanting to know his doctor's number because he had a fever.  He is on antibiotics again for ear infections!  He is finally today starting to feel a little better I think.  I feel like we go to the doctor weekly now!!!  But we certainly did miss Mason and I do thank our parents for being there to watch him so we can go on trips like these and enjoy nights out every once and a while!!!  THANKS Gami, Pops, Grandma, and Grandpa! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment