Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day 2013


This was John's first Father's Day as a Daddy of two sweet little boys.  
Mason came home from school Friday with some fun little treats for him. 
 (I love Mason's little proud face in this one)



Of course the questionnaires are my favorite.  
Apparently, John is 3, very good at praying and doing flips, but best of all loves when Mason is silly.  

John didn't get a chance to read it until he got home.  He said on the way home from school, Mason asked him how old he was.  John told him 30, and Mason said, "Oh, well I told my teachers you were 3."  Once he read it he just died laughing.  



We woke up this morning and Mason was ready to give his Daddy his presents.  We picked out some golf balls and gloves, and Mason picked out the card himself.  I had wanted him to play golf Saturday or Sunday but he didn't feel up to it since he had been sick.  Hopefully he can use his new stuff soon.  

Giving him a "Father's Day hug" he said.  


Brody was pretty happy with the Target bag.  (I'm obviously not pretty crafty these days with my wrapping skills.)


Then we headed to Gibson's for donuts.  What else to do early in the morning?!  I know one little guy who was pretty happy...


We bought a kiddie pool Saturday and had told Mason we could play in it today.  It was actually pretty cool pool because it has a slide and the giraffe sprays water.  

It was cloudy outside so Brody wasn't too fond of the cold water.  He was VERY unhappy when his brother splashed him. 


Mason had the time of his life.  Once his Daddy pushed him into the water (lower left picture), he didn't want to get out.  He tackled that giraffe I don't know how many times and he slide face first down the slide over and over again.  Then they got the idea to bring his regular slide over to the pool and John got in.  If you look closely, the slide fell off when he went down it.  =)





After all that fun, we headed to my parents to have dinner.  John's parents were out of town this weekend so it was just us this year.  

John and Dad got to watch the US Open.  


My sister and her husband came in town from Chattanooga this weekend.  It was really nice to spend some time with them. 



Me, my Dad, and Kellie.  Couldn't believe we got him to smile so much 


Brody is a maniac on their stairs.  He can climb up those first five in seconds.  

 Mom and Dad getting a tad too close...ha.


Dad and Mason.  I don't know whats up with Mason's smile these days.  He tries a little too hard and his eyes are always closed.  I think its cute though.  =)


These guys are so in love with their Pops.  



John with both of the boys.  We are so so blessed to have such an great man in our lives.  I feel like everyone always says that, but we are truly lucky.  He is an amazing Dad and an awesome husband.  He is here for all three of us 100% all the time.  He couldn't make me any happier.  


Happy Father's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment