Thursday night, both boys were helping me out. So sweet of them.
Brody was helping me empty the dishwasher.
Mason helped make banana pudding for John's office.
Don't tell anyone at Mueller, but I went to the other counter to slice the bananas and turned around to see Mason with his finger in his mouth. He looked up at me and said, "Did you see that?!?! Did you see me stick my finger in there and eat it?!?!" Ha. He is world's worst at telling on himself!
Brody didn't sleep well Thursday night. We were hoping he was just teething, but I had my suspicions since a little girl at Pat's house had been sick all week with Hand, Foot, and Mouth. Well a couple of hours into work Friday, Pat called to say he was running a fever, felt horrible, and had little red bumps on him.
Sure enough, he had Hand, Foot, and Mouth. It is really contagious, but Mason should be fine. The doctor said older kids have usually been exposed before and their immune system can fight it off. Thank goodness. But this is what it started as, just little bitty red bumps. As the weekend went on, he was covered with big red dots which some even blistered. =( If course it is viral, so there is nothing to do besides give him Tylenol and Motrin.
Friday night Mason and I headed to Las Delicious to meet Blake and Emily for dinner. I love this picture. He was pretty happy to be sitting between these two.
We all went to the park for a few minutes after dinner. He had a blast.
Friday was National Donut Day so we got donuts at work. They thought it would be funny to send me home with the donuts to give Mason some extra energy. But we continued the celebration Saturday and ate every last one of them.
John got some pretty awesome passes from work for the Fed Ex/St. Jude Golf Tournament this year. We thought we only had them for Saturday, but turns out they gave him Saturday and Sunday passes for the both of us. We weren't planning to spend both days there since we were out of town last weekend and it isn't exactly a kid friendly event, but we had to go so his bosses could see that we went.
So before we headed out Saturday, we headed to Johnston Park in Collierville so we could have some fun with Mason. The park is awesome and I cannot wait until we are closer. We will definitely be spending more days there.
Unfortunately, I think the sun started bringing out Brody's bumps more. (We never took him out of his stroller, so he wouldn't give this stuff to anyone else.)
Next to the playground, they have a free splash park. It is the coolest thing ever. We hadn't planned on going, so we improvised and let Mason get out there in his shorts. He didn't care one bit.
It is a pretty big park with all kinds of buckets dropping water and big animal shaped things spitting out water. He ran around like a mad man.
John and I ended up having a blast at the tournament. The FedEx cabana passes are nice. The sun will wear you out and it was a relief to be able to walk back into the air conditioning with free food and drinks. I could get use to that. We walked around both days quite a bit with our friends.
This was the view from the cabanas. Right at the 18th fairway.
Dustin Johnston
We got home on Saturday and I think both boys survived without us. Ha
This is probably going to be one of my all-time favorite pictures. They were playing patty cake and obviously they were both having a blast. It is just the cutest picture EVER.
When we walked in from the golf tourney, Mason said, "Oh man, I wasn't ready for y'all to come home yet!"
What in the world?!?! So his Mickey Mouse asked if he wanted to spend the night. Now the last time she asked, he wanted to come home with us, but not Saturday. He said he wanted to stay and immediately told us bye. Guess we know who his favorite is now!
So John, Brody, and myself headed home. We all went to bed early.
But it was nice getting to spend some alone time with this little fella Sunday morning. How sweet does he look here?! And notice all these curls! The back of his hair is soooooo curly.
But his "little" red bumps weren't little anymore...
And goodness, they were everywhere. But he actually felt a lot better.
This was Phil Mickelson teeing off on one. You aren't suppose to take pictures for some reason. It is weird to me, but I kept getting caught. I thought by the end of the day one security guard might tackle me, so I finally gave up. We were so close to him too.
Now this was weird to me....
This guy's wife was his caddy. She carried this HUGE golf bag that was bigger than her! They also said she did it for 36 holes on Monday! He is one lucky guy because there is NO way I would do that. Sorry John.
Phil made an awesome shot here on 18. Stinks he didn't win but he sure made it close at the end.
We headed back to get the boys and Mason was finally okay with coming home. Ha. But I think they wore him out. He put on John's hat along with his sunglasses. We couldn't see his eyes but his head started bobbing so we could see he went to sleep.
He had a pretty fun weekend!















No comments:
Post a Comment