I ended up with a day off on Monday. We had planned to only have one doctor in the office but he had a family emergency, and since Brody was already under the weather, we decided to cancel the whole day.
This little guy felt MUCH better, but I still think he needed to stay home another day so those bumps would go down more. But since he did feel better, we were able to run a few errands and have some fun.
After a morning of catching up things that needed to be done weeks ago, we met Daddy for lunch. Brody even had some pasta. Of course I had to feed it to him... the kid still won't put a thing in his mouth.
We headed off to Target and I think I wore him out. He was asleep before we left. I'm sure he was wondering when he was going back to Pat's house, but I could really get used to spending more time with him and Mason.
Here is the little stinker after his nap, check out his "crazy man hair" as Mason would call it.
We were able to pick up Mason earlier than usual from school. He had a big afternoon planned so we paused for some popsicles outside. Best part of summer.
So far my tomato plants are still alive...shocking.
I was getting Mason dressed and left Brody in his bouncy seat watching tv. He had just finished eating dinner and I handed him a Mum Mum to keep him happy for a few minutes. Well apparently it didn't last long enough. I came back in the room and he was sitting up in the seat (which he was strapped in...can't believe he hadn't tipped over) holding the other Mum Mum that had been sitting on the coffee table. He just helped himself. I think it is time to retire the bouncy chair.
Mason started swim lessons at The Pool School at St. George's. It is a two week program where you go Monday thru Thursday for 30 minutes each day. He is in Level 1/2 and they move you up each year when you are ready.
Here he is ready to go!
Looking like a stud in those goggles.
He had a cheerleader in the crowd.
They tied a noodle around them and helped them swim. A nice little trick for us to do when we are swimming with him.
Floating on his back.
Skinny little thing waiting to jump in.
He was pretty impressed with his goggle eyes.
He did great at swim lessons and I'm glad we got him started. We will most likely just continue going there each summer. He is loving it. Any time they ask who wants to go first, his little arm pops up first every single time. I can assure you John nor myself ever did that when we were young, but I love that he is so confident in himself!
This morning we got a little photo op. Brody was laughing behind that paci.
And here is just one picture of him in class tonight jumping in the pool.
Hopefully we will have a little fish on our hands soon!













No comments:
Post a Comment