We have had an interesting week. Mason's swim lessons kept us running around town after work and John also got sick. He had a sore throat and was running a fever. He felt pretty bad and could hardly keep his fever down, even after alternating Tylenol and Ibuprofen. He still felt terrible on Wednesday and was thinking of going to the doctor, but we figured out just what it was....
Mrs. Pat told us that the Daddy of the little girl that originally came down with Hand, Foot, and Mouth also was sick with it. His doctor could not believe he caught it, it is just not common for adults to get it. I mean they weren't even worried about Mason.
Well even if it is uncommon, I guess it can still happen! We started noticing all these red bumps coming out all over John's hands and feet. All those red "zits" on his face were actually blisters and the sore throat...blisters too (also ulcerated!). It has been bad! I guess child diseases are a lot worse when adults get them.
It is Saturday and he still doesn't feel right. Fortunately, his fever is gone but he is just run down, sore throat, and not the same. Of course, it will probable take a while for his face to clear up. Brody STILL has the red bumps on him, but they are getting harder to see. He wouldn't let me post the picture of his face, but it was the most obvious for sure.
In other news, Brody is wearing shorts that Mason can wear. Mason has two the same color, so we shared. Soon Mason will be wearing hand-me-downs from Brody! (but we did weigh Mason today and I think we have finally hit 30 lbs!!!)
Mason found this app on my phone that changes pictures to cartoons, he wanted one with his pirate eye on.
They had a birthday party at Pat's house on Friday. April sent me a picture of Brody sitting up there like a big boy. Found out he likes cake.
***note: I was so happy because it looked like he was feeding himself...I was wrong, she just stepped back to take the pic, she fed him. ***
This morning both boys were up before John and I wanted to be so we all hung out lazily in the bed for a few minutes. Naked Brody was being very entertained by his brother. We got him to say Bubba then too. He was actually yelling at his Bubba.
Then we were off to Perkins for breakfast.
I have been working out with a personal trainer (got a deal on Groupon). She kicks our butts! We have been meeting Wednesdays and Saturdays and now she wants to add Mondays. Oh joy. I will say, I have never worked out this hard in my life, but I like it! It is at Audubon Park, very close to the house, and Lyndsey wanted to ride bikes up there this morning. I was pretty skeptical about it, but went anyways. It was really fun and I think we are going to do it every Saturday workout. I did have to tell Jamie to please not kill our legs or I wouldn't be able to make it home!
I got home and Brody was climbing all over Mason trying to check out the iPad.
Mason said he wanted to go to the park when I got home so that's where we headed. I was so surprised when no one was there. Apparently we didn't get the memo that there is no shade at the parks at Shelby Farms and it is hot! They even had mats for the kids to slide on because the slides were scorching.
After a few slides, we called it quits and headed to get some snow cones. Both boys enjoyed them.
Its hard to see in this picture but they are both passed out.
Brought Mason inside and he didn't budge. I think this is what you call a fun day.
It's a hard life. =)







ya true your story touched my heart its very difficult to stay without your child as you are so attached to each other
ReplyDeletechild specialist in Pune