Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Busy Busy Weekend

We got home from work Friday night, ready for the weekend, and the worst thing ever happened...we lost the remote.  Of course it really isn't that big of a deal, we just have to walk upstairs and get one of the others.   And I should probably say we do other things besides just watch TV, but I really couldn't find it.  

I opened the back door hours later and almost stepped on this...

This doggy door might not be such a good thing after all.  



Speaking of this wild child of ours, he has a new way to eat.  Pat mentioned something about it, but I had never seen it in person until Saturday morning.  

"Look Mom, no hands!"

Silly kid. 


We had a busy day planned for Saturday.  Here are both boys dressed in their cute matching shirts before the pumpkin patch.  I do realize they will hate me later for this; but for now, I will enjoy it.




We have never been to a real pumpkin patch so I was really excited.  We went to Priddy Farms in Bartlett and had a blast.  We met two of my friends from work and their families.  



I didn't get a picture of this giant wooden thing but it is built like a ship with a slide and all kinds of areas to climb.  Mason loved it.


Next up was this fun ride that I have no idea what it is called.  The little boys couldn't ride, but Mason and Max jumped in a cart.  One of the workers jumped on a tractor and pulled it along.  




Family photo time.  


Leann, Brian, and Ethan


Sweet boy and all those pumpkins. 


They loaded all of us up on a hayride to go to the patch where the pumpkins grew.  
 Jani, Chris, and Max on the hayride. 


They had already picked all the pumpkins but they sat a lot of 3-5lb ones on the vines for the kids to pick out one.  Mason told us all morning long he was going to look for the biggest one they had.  

Brody checking them all out. 


The pumpkins really were all about the same size but this one Mason found had the longest stem on it.  He was so proud.  Ha.  


These pumpkins are heavy for a little guy.  

grumpy old man smile. 


And he finally picked it up.  So proud of himself.  


Ethan back on the hayride before we headed back to the farm.  


Next it was time to stuff scarecrows.  I had actually never done this before.  It was fun but certainly a tad scratchy...


Mason was proud.  I made him hold it like his head was the scarecrow's head.  It still makes me laugh.  


 We had such a fun time.  These guys got some great pumpkins (along with the other ones we got for carving).   Fun fun family outing.



We were all packed and ready to head to Hot Springs to celebrate the life of my Uncle Jim.  He passed away a week ago Saturday after fighting a horrible disease.  He was such an amazing person and has always been such an important man in my life.  

Mom and Dad were already there and called to say it was storming.  They didn't like the idea of us driving there with the kids and then turning right back around to head back home like we had planned.   We ended up not going this weekend but are going to make a trip either this coming weekend or in a couple of weekends.  

We went back home and caught up on some much needed rest.  



This morning we headed to church but there was no before church picture because it was a zoo in our house.  It was nuts. 

This afternoon we celebrated Brinkley's 4th birthday at Pump it Up.  We had never been before and Mason was in heaven.  


This guy had a pretty good time too.  


These slides were huge!  Mason was so light he flipped and turned the whole way down.  


Going down a slide himself!! (or a wedge that is used as a step to jump into the obstacle course...whatever works!!!!)


I think its safe to say the party was a hit.  


Singing happy birthday.  


Best cousin-buds.


Busy weekend = nap on Sunday afternoon


We ended the weekend with a fun little stroll around the neighborhood.  
 Brody was having fun.  Check out that face.  



Sorry for the loooooooong post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment