Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pinterest Ideas Around the House


This post is just a few pictures from the week.  Random pictures.  


Brody has a cold and all kinds of molars coming in, which makes for a tired boy.  I've been trying to keep him awake on the drive home from work.  It only takes about 20 minutes but that is the perfect time to have just gotten into a deep sleep when we pull into the driveway.  

Obviously I failed at keeping him awake this day...
 I laid him on the couch thinking he would wake up, and nothing.  So then I sat him up and he was still out.  It took some yelling by his brother to get him up.  


Which is payback because this is how we wake Mason up most mornings.  =)


Brody just gets so excited when we go in there.  It looks like a cruel way to wake someone up, but Mason actually starts laughing and jumps right up.  When Brody doesn't wake him up, he is grumpy for sure.  


Mrs. Beaudry, Mason's teacher, does a great job at documenting what they do at school by emailing us and putting up pictures in the room.  One day last week they made pizza and they loved it.  Mason talked about it all night.   We need to do that at home more often.  



We found this shirt on clearance at Target and I thought it was cute.  It says little brother's popcorn on sale for 25 cents.  I told Mason what it said and put it in the cart.  When I put it on him the other morning, he was so excited he was going to make some money at school.  Ha.  


Another birthday party at Mrs. Pat's house.  Why why why do they always have to have colorful cake/cupcakes?!?!  (In her defense, she always offers to send him home in his spare outfit and wash it out for me.)  Look at this kid!  He ate his whole BLUE cupcake of course.  


I went to pick up the boys Friday after work from my parents' house.  It looked like a tornado had been through (this was just one room...).  They obviously wore Pops out as well.  



************


I have been trying to decorate on a budget, which is so hard to do.  I finally did a couple of things thanks to Pinterest.  

I had the two matching frames in a closet stashed away and I found the grey one from Michael's for 7 bucks I think.  I also already had the B.    I would have never thought I could mix and match but I think it turned out great.  Of course our family pictures we had taken made it work!!!  


I painted some letters from Hobby Lobby and put them over Mason's bookshelf.  Then I just printed the cover page of some books off the internet onto image paper at work and put them in the cheapest frames I could find!  



I've also had my Mom working hard.  =)  We picked out some fabric and then my seamstress, a.k.a. my mom, got to work.  I had seen where people had only made two panels on two windows side by side instead of four and also hung the curtains higher on the wall.  I was a little nervous about trying it, but worst case scenario would just be having to make two more panels.  

But I LOVE how they turned out.  I think it looks great!  Not to mention, my seamstress did a pretty awesome job.   I will def be using her again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment