We had a fun weekend but unfortunately, it was without John. He had to head to California for work from Thursday until tonight and it seemed like forever. But we made the most of it and did some fun stuff.
In their matching turkey shirts...when will it be not okay to do this to them?!!?
Will and Catey had baby Lawson Thursday night. I went by and saw them Friday night before they headed home. He is so so sweet and little. John ended up guessing the right day he would be born and length! He was oh so close on getting the weight right.
And then my sweet baby. I love nothing more than footed pjs.
Saturday, Mom came over for a sec so I could take this guy to get a much needed haircut. Then he helped me pick out more mums.
Saturday night we went to my parents for a fun family gathering. My Aunt Jeane and her family were in town from Hot Springs which always means a big dinner with that side of our family. It is always so fun and we just don't do it as much as we should. It was so good to see everyone. I just hate John had to miss it. Here is Brody, Mason, and Matthew. Mason and Matthew had a blast together. We talked about our "new friend" the entire next day.
***on a side note: if Mason doesn't start packing on the lbs, Brody is going to catch up!***
I ended up putting Brody to bed at my parents so we could stay a bit longer. He was zonked out when it was time to head home, so we left him sleeping. Mason and I decided we could go home together, sleep in, and have a breakfast date the next morning. Turns out, it was a good plan.
Check out these pancakes with sprinkles and whipped cream. Eww. He ate it all.
Sunday afternoon, Mom came over to play! The weather was perfect. Mickey Mouse and Mason threw the football around. (Mason was having to give her tips...she can't catch!) Brody was just running around.
Brody also found a new love for the swing. He didn't want to get down.
Next up, pumpkin carving!
Getting out the nasty, slimy insides.
Someone told Mason his mom should bake the pumpkin seeds for him (as I was elbow deep into the pumpkin). She shouldn't had mentioned it, because I put her to work.
He is so proud of that pumpkin. We couldn't print off a template for some reason, so I ended up doing it free-hand. I was scared but it turned out pretty good!
It was the perfect end to a fun weekend. Now we will just have to have John carve the other one! =)
Playing with more birthday gifts tonight. (I washed his clothes but it was the first clean thing I saw, so he wore them again today!)
We were all so happy this guy got home! We all missed him so much...
Emma included.








Great free hand pumpkin carving job! It turned out great. Also love the matching turkey shirts the boys have on. Too cute!!
ReplyDelete