The boys and I have been spending a lot of time together this week since it is close week for John at work. Looooong hours are no fun.
I tried to get a picture of them together but Brody wouldn't sit still. =)
We have been wondering how Emma was getting up the stairs with the baby gate closed. I just didn't think her head could fit through the bars. Well I caught her in the act yesterday morning...
She definitely jumps through the banisters.
I was a sucker again and bought Mason's class picture (along with the individual one that isn't in yet). I just took a picture of the picture.
Closeup
Brody has been very curious for a while about the doggy door. He watches Mason and Emma go through it like a hawk. I guess he is getting more brave with it.
He was literally screaming at me because HE dropped his paci out the door. And he has repeated it about five times already.
Here is a comparison of the boys from last year's pictures to this year. So much has changed in a year!!!
Had to run into Walmart after picking up the boys from daycare yesterday, Mason wanted to ride on the back of the cart. He looks like a big kid.
Brody will wake up earlier than we would like him to most mornings. It isn't before our alarm goes off, but before we are done getting ready. He has been getting into everything and I was tired this morning and home by myself (John was already off to work). So I did what any mother would do...stuck him in the jacuzzi with toys.
And it entertained him. No whining or crying. He was having fun and content and so was I. I even had time to drink my coffee. =)
Mason had his second dental cleaning today. He does great at my office. I booked him as my first appointment so I can just run him to his school around the corner after. We have an office meeting before we start our day and I brought him in there with me and gave him my phone to play with. I sat him in the patient chair in the room and he was perfect...
Until he passed gas in front of everyone. Of course it was a deadly one and stunk up the entire room. I'm sure he will be embarrassed I told this story later, but I was a tad embarrassed when it happened so we are even.
I thought it was time to do a few "Masonisms". It's been a while.
* His favorite song is Radioactive. I cannot hear this song without thinking of him.
* Since our drive is much longer to and from work, we have mini jam sessions in the car. Most of the time it is just me and Mason, but occasionally Brody joins in with some good head banging. Mason has a mean fist pump.
* He asked me the other day when were all of his teeth going to fall out. He heard you get presents and he is ready for his. (had to tell him it was just money you get and it will be a while)
* While we were looking at his class picture, he pointed out his friends to me. Then he told me they like to chase girls at school while Mrs. White isn't looking. So they chase girls and know they prob shouldn't do it. Hmmm
* A little girl in Mason's class made him come meet her Dad when he was picking her up one day last week because she wanted him to meet her boyfriend. Well apparently, he upset her the next day because she ran to her Dad and told him Mason made her mad and she wanted her Dad to go yell at him. Is it not too early for this stuff?!?!
* He and Brody really do play pretty well together and Mason is so sweet to him. But if we are anywhere and someone wants to give Brody something that appears interesting to Mason (i.e. Capri Sun, toy, etc), Mason tells them Brody is too young to have things like that but he can take it.
* He is always saying "this is awesome", "that is hilarious", and I hear alllll day long, "I gotta tell you something".
* We had to walk down the road we took our family pictures on and Mason and John walked together. Mason told him, "You are a good Daddy" just out of the blue. So sweet.
* He says he wants to be a Daddy when he grows up all the time. He also tells me I will be very old when he becomes a Daddy. He will then always ask me if I am still going to be pretty when I get old...apparently he is really worried about this.








No comments:
Post a Comment