Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween!!

Who doesn't love dressing up for Halloween?!  We sure used to!  

But now that it's all about the kiddos...it's even more fun to dress them up!  I guess I shouldv'e let Mason pick out what he wanted to be, but I had already bought a bunch of stuff for a minion from the movie Despicable Me.  I think he was leaning towards wanting to be Batman...but after some convincing, he decided a minion wasn't so bad.  This is the last year they will be matching I guess!


Practicing wearing this hat the morning of Halloween.


I'm a terrible Mom and took Brody for his 15 mo checkup/shots on Halloween.  It is impossible for me to plan when to take him with my schedule at work.  I have to see when patients cancel, etc.  So of course I had a couple of cancellations on Halloween and the doctor wasn't busy because who takes their kid there on Halloween?  I still haven't taken Mason for his 4 year checkup, but I didn't want him to miss his Halloween party at school!

Brody fell asleep the second we got in the car.  He slept in the waiting room and was still sleeping when I was trying to take him clothes off.  


Weight: 23lb 12oz
Height: 
Head: big

He is almost 3 lbs bigger than Mason but the same size length wise.  His head is still rather large (97% to be exact!!), but it has been this big from the beginning so the doc said no worries....he is just a kid with a big head.  =)





We were excited about Halloween in our neighborhood.  They usually set up a fire pit in our neighbor's driveway and everyone congregates there.  This year because of the nasty weather, everyone just trick-or-treated instead of getting together.  Oh well, I was just so glad it stopped raining for us to get out.  

Our minions ready to head out. 



Mason was big this year.  He told us numerous times that he wanted to go all by himself to the doors.  He did great, but there was definitely some trial and error.  I went through the whole, ring the doorbell, say trick-or-treat, and then thank you.  


Brody just followed along in the wagon.  It was his bedtime and he wasn't sure what in the world was going on.  


So he did great walking right up to the first house.  He didn't have to ring the doorbell because the wooden door was open with the glass door shut, so the man could see him coming.  He just wouldn't step back to let the guy open the door!  We were having to tell him to step back.  Then the man only gave him one peice of candy...I hadn't thought of this and knew that wouldn't go over well.  He didn't actually ask for more for himself, but he said, "Hey, what about candy for my baby brother Brody over there!"  I told him Brody didn't need any candy, tell the man thank you.  

Walking to the next house, I had to go over the whole, be happy with whatever you get and say thank you and walk away.  


Onto the next house...I thought we were more prepared, but I was wrong again.  He walked right up to the door, rang the doorbell....about FIVE times!!!!  He just kept ringing until he saw someone.  Of course I am yelling to stop but the damage was done.  =)

But after that, it went smoothly.  He did great and had a blast.  

This little guy wanted to stand up in the wagon the whole time.  


My mom and dad came over to hand out candy so we could all go trick-or-treating together, which was super nice.  When we got back, Brody and Mickey Mouse were dancing to the tv.


John and Mason went to a few more houses.  Mason decided to trick-or-treat at our house last. 


Ready to count his candy. 

The rest of the night, Mason counted (and ate) his candy and handed out candy to the rest of the trick-or-treaters.  I think that may have been his favorite part of the night.



Mason wanted to wear his glasses to school the next morning.  I did finally take them off of him after he showed his class.  


No comments:

Post a Comment