Here is just SOME of the loot we got! Thank you Grandma Reba!!!
Like I already said, we had already started one flower bed. We haven't put down mulch and finished the second layer of stone; so this is not a completed project:
Hopefully it will be done soon!! We wanted to get the flower beds in before we lay the sod. I can't wait to get rid of the huge dirt spots!!! We want to make sure to finish it this year so it will be great for Mason to play in next summer!!
I did put a couple of plants from Grandma Reba's in this flower bed: Summer Flock and Amarillos (Im not sure if that is the right spelling). Hopefully the Summer Flock will bloom this year, and the Amarillos are in bloom now!!! They are by far one of the prettiest flowers I have ever seen!
And here is one of the Lillies I already had planted:
Grandma Reba also had some patio furniture she let us have!!!! Isn't she the best?!?!?
We also got a chair to lay out in as well as two more chairs that are now on the front porch! All we need is a pretty umbrella for this table! =)
Just to give ya a little background...this backyard was HORRIBLE when we moved in. We had three gigantic sweet gum trees cut down, a million shrubs/trees along the fence chopped down by John and my dad, and a privacy fence put up. If someone walked into our backyard today, they would probably be scared...but we think it is beautiful compared to what it was before! =)
Here is a picture from this morning:
And here it is tonight:
We will lay sod starting with the bricks and running it throughout the yard. I cannot wait for the finished product!!! =) We also planted many more plants in another bed we started today, but it is not even close to finished!
As you can see here...we have much more work to be done though. =(
We did put The Little Man in his pack-n-play for a little bit while we cleaned up. I thought he looked so cute, and he was having sooo much fun!
Hope everyone has a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment