Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, March 29, 2013

8 Months and Soccer!


This little guy turned 8 months old yesterday.  I feel like he is such a happier baby now that he is eating really good.  He laughs and smiles a lot now.  

*a little over 19 lbs (weighed him today)
*I don't know how long he is, but I feel like he is growing like a weed
*still eating 6 oz. bottles about every 3 hours unless of course he is sleeping (5 a day)
*eating oatmeal/veggies/fruit 2-3 times a day
*he now likes Puffs
*can hold his bottle for the whole time (and even while watching cartoons)
*pretty vocal, no words but constant happy screaming  =)
*gets up on knees and rocks back and forth
*spits up everywhere
*I think I need to move him up to 9 mo clothing - our outfit today was snug!
*still just adores his big brother
*goes to bed at 7:30, wakes up around 6:30


 He can get around pretty good these days.  You turn around for a second, and he's in all the drawers...


He got himself all wrapped up in this blanket today.

Then Mason had to give it a shot. 



****************

We got Mason's spring pictures in.  I think its so cute.  I just wish that hair would comb over to the side!


We also got the picture in from Dad's night.  Looks like they had a good time.  Mason hung it on the fridge.


Mason had his first soccer practice/game today.  It was rained out last week.  I was so afraid it would be rained out today, but we got to play.  The fields were pretty nasty though, but he was excited!




This was only half of the group.  Lots of 3 year olds.  


For the first 45 minutes, we practice.  It is very laid back and parents are out there helping.  We loved the coach and his helpers.  It of course was better when they told Mason what to do instead of John and I.   Here he was kicking over the cones.  You can see it was pretty dreary and chilly.


Brody and I went back to the car for a few minutes...he was thinking "haha, we are warm and they are cold!"


When we went back out there to watch, they had sectioned off into four games.  Mason was on the orange team playing the white team.  Ive said it before, but he is very competitive.  He wants to win at everything!!!!  It could be just getting to the front door first.  Well he definitely didn't understand the whole team thing.  He would be furious when someone else kicked the ball, and it was full blown tears if someone else scored!  We happened to have a lot of kids in our game that were a little apprehensive, so there was only a few actually playing.  Mason ended up being the biggest ball hog!!!  He would push kids down to get to the ball.  He ended up scoring FOUR times! (sometimes no one would remember to even run after the ball, so he was running by himself).  But all four times he scored, he started running towards us screaming he won!  We have a lot to learn.  =)
 All the other parents were laughing.  It was pretty funny.  



Brody was sad he couldn't play.



After soccer we headed to John's parents for dinner.   There were babies everywhere!  


Look at these cute little guys.  Getting so big.  Anderson is on the left and Griffin is on the right.  

 Griffin was sick this week with Pneumonia and had to stay in the hospital for a couple of nights this week. We are so glad that he is feeling better!  It's pretty funny when all the kids are together.  Mason and Reese will refer to "their babies" and compare notes and stories.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment