Well it happened...I got the stomach bug too. I could't go to work Thursday but I'm back to life today. Hopefully it is gone for good. I would hate for the little guys to get it.
Sweet little story:
I got sick in the middle of the night/early morning, so John got the boys ready for school/Pat's house Thursday morning. Mason didn't think much about it until it was time for John to load them up in the car and he was adamant that his momma was suppose to take him. He saw my door was cracked and stuck his head in. I explained I was sick but would be better this afternoon. In a very angry voice he said, "Did my Daddy make you sick?!?!" (bc John had it earlier in the week) I told him no (it's okay if it is a 'Mom lie'). He said he was very sorry I was sick and maybe I could take him to school the next morning. I told him for sure I could. He ran out and yelled, "Get better!" I also heard him yell at John that he had made me sick.
Then as I was putting him to bed that night, after our nightly routine of story reading, high-fiving, giving rock, a hug, and a kiss, I started to walk out of his room. He told me to come back because he needed to tell me something. I walked back in and he said "I'm so happy you feel better Mommy. I was worried. I love you."
He is just the sweetest little guy.
Here is Brody watching cartoons one morning this week. He loves tv just as much as Mason.
He is also still concerned about the video sensor in his room...we have got to mount this thing on the wall! I think this was about 5:30am.
I put this little guy on his mat and walked away to wash a bottle. This is what I saw when I came back in the room. He isn't crawling but he sure is finding ways to get around!
Mom picked up the boys from school on Thursday afternoon when I was sick. I wanted Mason to try on his new outfit for the summer to show her. We never even had him put on his shirt because we were laughing so hard about these shorts. Guess I should've just gotten two size 12 months...
Brody was introduced to a good ole 'tickle and scratch' by his Mickey Mouse. This is what I begged for (and honestly, still do) every night before bed when I was growing up. You can tell by his face that he was loving every minute of it.
It's a hard life being a baby.
Last night, it was time for Mason to go to the bathroom before he got in bed. He was playing on his LeapPad and did NOT want to go to bed. He has a runny nose and was so so tired so I made him anyways. I guess I didn't see what he snuck in the bathroom with him. He had been in there forever and kept telling us not to come in. Finally, I figured out what he was doing and grabbed my phone. This is what we caught...
"I'm just playing with my IPad, Mommy" Oh now you confess!!
But it has been a long week with all this sickness, and now Mason and Brody both have runny noses. We decided maybe we should all go get ice cream after dinner tonight. It does a body good.
Making that 'mean' face. (I'm not sure if that blue will ever come off!)
I was trying to get a picture with Brody, but he kept reaching out and putting his hands in my ice cream. Then when we finally snapped a picture, Mason photo bombed it.
Just another fun Friday night. I wouldn't have it any other way. =)






No comments:
Post a Comment