We ended up with quite a bit of pictures from Easter this year, so I decided to break it up into a couple of posts.
Mason and Brody had Easter egg hunts at their preschool/daycare Thursday. I'm not sure how much hunting Brody did, but he sure came home with a lot of candy.
They were much more interested in cartoons than taking a picture.
Brody has his big eyes in this picture. They come with some serious concentration.
Mason also had an Easter parade along with his hunt. Basically, just as tacky as you can be. =)
He loved it and insisted on hopping like a bunny every time he put it on.
I absolutely love the fact that he is now going to a Christian-based school. It is pretty amazing the things he learns. Obviously, leading up to Easter, they have been going over the Easter story. He has told me many times this week that Jesus died on the cross. He definitely understands (as much as a 3 year old) that Easter is not about the Easter bunny and candy, he knows it is about Jesus.
The other day when we came home after school, there was this long, dead worm in our garage. Well Mason started screaming there was a snake (which he is not fond of). I came over there to assure him it was just a worm, and he was dead anyways so he wouldn't be able to come near him.
He then asked me if the worm was in heaven. I told him yes. Then he wanted to know if he was in heaven with Jesus. I told him yes. Next he asked if the worm died on the cross like Jesus did. =)
Gotta love the innocence of children.
It was nasty and rainy all weekend. I was off work Friday but we couldn't really do too much. A little shopping and eating with Mom.
Saturday morning we had donuts. Mason was pretty pumped about this sprinkled chocolate one.
We had dinner at my parents house Saturday night since my Uncle Wayne and Gina were in town.
Mason and Brody wore themselves out. Brody basically laid on the floor and screamed the whole time. Of course these are happy screams but you could hardly hear yourself think. And Mason got his Easter candy on.
We ended up staying over there way too late and came home with two tired boys. Unfortunately, we hadn't even dyed Easter eggs yet. This exact same thing happened last year. So for two years in a row...John and I have dyed Easter eggs alone.
I did try this popular pin on Pinterest. How to bake the eggs in muffin tins instead of boil them. (I ended up cracking so many last year) This worked great! 325 degrees for 30 minutes and magically, they are done!!! I will admit, one egg cracked out of 18 but that is a much better ratio than last year.
The professional egg-dyers.
And here is our masterpiece.
I tried to do the whole different shades of one color by adding more water after so many minutes. They look nothing like the picture on Pinterest, but I still think they are kind of cool.
We also changed it up this year with the golden eggs. Mason loved them.
Then the Easter bunny stopped by. They got matching chairs for baseball games and the beach. It is hard for me to imagine them both being old enough to climb up in these chairs.
Brody's loot.
He got some yummy yogurt, puffs, yogurt melts, a shopping cart cover, and other small stuff.
Mason's loot.
Wreck it Ralph movie, books, candy, baseball gear, and an enormous amount of junk. =)








No comments:
Post a Comment