It was Mason's turn to be Star of the Week at school. He had been looking forward to it for a while. We worked on his poster last weekend and had it ready to go Monday morning. Ms. Williams prints us out a layout and we just color, add writing, and photos. It was fun listening to all of Mason's answers.
*His favorite color is red.
*He likes to eat cheeseburgers, chicken, mac n cheese, any fruit, and he lives on PB&Js.
*Favorite book is Wacky Wednesday by Dr. Seuss.
*Dislikes: spiders, snakes, the Crocodile in Peter Pan, pickles, taking naps
*When he grows up he wants to be a Super Hero. (in particular...Spider Man)
*Really good at: being a big brother, running, being silly, Angry Birds, picking on my brother.*Hobbies: playing with cars, t-ball, soccer, putting stickers everywhere.
He was pretty excited with the finished project. Monday morning, he got to show it to all his friends at school and explain everything. He got to be line leader all week, start the prayers, pick out books and toys for the class.
Tuesday we made it to my office first thing in the morning. He is three and a half (almost) and definitely ready for the dentist! I was kind of excited and a tad nervous at the same time. He did absolutely perfect and was the best little patient. Best of all, he had no cavities and I think we are doing a pretty good job brushing if I do say so myself. Now he keeps saying, "Dr. Henry said to keep my fingers out of my mouth!" (but he is still sucking them)
He was pretty funny while we were there. Every time someone came in to talk to him, he would say "Hey, my name is Mason and I am three." My friend Leann stepped in the room to see how he was doing and he told her his mommy was pretending to be a doctor. Ha
But he left happy and with a ton of stickers. He also picked out a toy for him and Brody. I would call it a success!
After his appointment, I dropped him off back at school. Since he was Star of the Week, I went and read to his class. We read Dumbo and they loved it. I ended up finding some great books at the Dollar Store and handed them out to the kids. Mason said he picked out Dumbo because he loved the ride at Disney.
I will admit, I was a little nervous about reading...but when I got there, I told myself I was reading to a bunch of three year olds. They would have no idea if I messed up and certainly didn't care. It was fun and I am glad I did it. Mason was very proud. =)
I had to made a cake for a lady I work with. She got into hygiene school and we threw her a little party. I was in charge of dessert. I made a homemade angel food cake with cream cheese icing. Let me tell you, an angel food cake is some serious baking! Fortunately, it turned out really good. I ended up cutting it into the shape of a tooth.
On that note...we are trying to eat healthier these days. I'm trying to "clean eat" and we are liking it. It isn't too hard at all, but we are having to eat out much less (of course this is not a bad thing for the checkbook). Lots of cooking going on in the Brower house.
But to be even crazier, I bought a juicer. Several people I work with have one and live by it. I will say, the drinks are not bad at all and if it fills me up all morning (not to mention getting an enormous amount of nutrients from veggies/fruit), I think we can stick to it. It does seem to give you much more energy.
Mason had soccer tonight. It did not go too well. He is having such a hard time during the scrimmages. He is fine with practice, but when it comes time to run after the ball (and someone else getting to it first) , or someone knocking him down, or basically anything, he gets so upset. We shall see how the rest of the season goes...
***there were a couple of kids out there who were fighting (an actual punch was thrown) so it could be worse! =)***
Then we get home and this little guy was all over the place. He has figured out how to get in the crawling position VERY well now. He can go backwards, and almost forward. He can also get into the sitting position from there now. Can't believe this little baby is moving. =(
It is going to be a beautiful weekend!!!! I couldn't even remember what the sun looked like before today. I see a lot of yard work and outdoor time this weekend! =)





No comments:
Post a Comment