Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Trike-A-Thon

This is how our Saturday morning started out.  

When your boys go to bed at the normal hour and John and I stay awake to watch the Grizzlies game played in LA (late late late)...Mom and Dad are tired in the morning.  The boys woke up at 6:30.  I let John sleep and put cartoons on.  I guess John caught me sleeping when he walked in a little later.  =)

Apparently they were quiet and content with the cartoons if I was sleeping.


John and I took turns doing yard work Saturday morning.  Mason had a birthday party to go to at noon.
He is entertaining Brody in this picture and it is obviously working.  


We went to Finn's 3rd birthday party.  He is in Mason's class, but I was also good friends with his mom in high school.  It was at Kids Play in Germantown, and it is now my new favorite place.  It is awesome.  We will be coming back on rainy days.  Brody was wishing he was playing, so we promised we would bring him back when he was old enough.

They stopped playing for a minute and had pizza.


Mason and the birthday boy.  


Mason and his partner in crime at school, Aiden S.

Mason and his other partner in crime, Aiden.  (we know tons of Aidens!)
Unfortunately, the party was cut short.  The birthday boy had a pretty scary medical emergency and had to be taken to the hospital.  Definitely one of the scariest moments of my life, so I can't imagine being a parent.  Fortunately, he seems to be doing okay now.  There were a lot of prayers for that little guy last night.  

I will say, none of the other kids really knew what was going on, which was great.  The staff continued letting them all play (and played with them to help distract).  



We decided to grab Mellow Mushroom for dinner.




Mason was sitting next to me, and John was with Brody.  Well Mason decided he wanted to sit on the other side.  I was all by myself.
 Mason entertained Brody the entire dinner and even helped by giving him Puffs.  He was very helpful over there.  



We had much more yard work to do today, so we headed out to Home Depot.  We ended up getting front and back yards cleaned up well, all the flower beds, and even planted new flowers and bushes.  Successful weekend, but my arms and legs are already sore. 



I got some Parsley and Cilantro.  We will see if I can keep it alive.  


Mason has his Trikathon for St. Jude tomorrow at school.  We were going to use his Big Wheels, thinking that surely he has grown enough to be able to make a couple of laps at the event.  But his little legs are still having such a problem peddling the thing!  He also has his bike he got at Christmas, but the chain broke and John is gonna need help fixing it.  

Here we are giving it a whirl.  (notice his decorations on the helmet)


We took a break from riding (so John and I could figure out what in the world we were going to do) and Brody was hungry.  Mason wanted to help (although Brody can do it himself).  But hey, if he wants to him, he can go right ahead.  =)


We decided to go with his little 4-wheeler.   I'm not even sure if it is legal, but I hope it works.  It was either this, or he was going to get really upset that his Big Wheel wasn't going anywhere.  Mason helped me hang the streamers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment