Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Weekend Recap

Here were the boys before school one morning.  Happy as can be.


And here is Brody after a day at Pat's house...after a night of keeping me up.  These ears and teeth better start feeling better!  I feel like I haven't slept a full night in forever.  But the lack of sleep apparently hasn't been bothering him much...


But when he is fussy, all we have to do is turn on Bubble Guppies.  Cheers him right up.  He will yell right back at that tv.  

Friday night, Mason's soccer was cancelled due to wet fields.  We pretty much came home, ate dinner, and headed to bed.  It was much needed.  


We had our friends' Dave and Jenna's gender reveal party Saturday.  It was a crawfish boil and we had a great time.  We brought both of the boys, but I met my mom when it got close to Brody's bedtime.  He went to bed at Mickey Mouse's house, and Mason stayed out past his bedtime.  Mason really enjoyed the party and has been talking about it all day today.  



It's a GIRL!!!

Mason and Reese playing outside.  Jenna was loving the chair Mason was sitting in...


I can't talk for Reese, but Mason was worn out when we left.  They ran laps in this backyard chasing each other and I caught them out by the fence looking in the neighbor's yard.  He told me they were thinking about climbing the fence.  But I am so glad the boys will have cousins their age to grow up with.  


Love some crawfish.  


They put on Ice Age in the side room and Mrs. Katie let them play on her phone.  Mason was still talking about how he didn't get to play the new app she downloaded for him this morning.  


Here is me and the little guy.  All the boys in the family wore blue for a boy and I wore pink.  As soon as the balloons came out, he just stared at them with his mad face.  He kept saying all night long,  "I thought it was a boy!"  


This morning, I still woke up early.  I really need to get this running thing back in full gear, so I went out for a quick run.  When I was done and came back inside, everyone was still asleep!  Who doesn't love a little quiet time!??!?


Mason's soccer game was rescheduled for today at 2.  It was a beautiful day (every other practice was cold and rainy).  Since it was on a different day than originally scheduled, there weren't as many kids there.  They decided to just scrimmage 4 on 4 the whole practice.  Mason did not cry once and I was very proud.  We have been talking about this all week long.  Next we will work on pouting.  =)

But he did get the ball for one long run and I happened to get a picture.  It is pretty funny watching these little guys.  They will fall on top of each other, cry, pout, get limbs caught in the goal, pick the ball up with their hands, kick the ball in the wrong goal, and run onto other fields if no one is there to direct them.  I think all 4 of his grandparents that came out to see him enjoyed themselves.  =)


We ended the day with some good ole' ice cream outside.  


Don't let John fool you here, he had one and half of mine.  =)


Well we survived another weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment