Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Grove Bowl

John and I ran in the Opening Eyes for Autism 5k Friday night.  Our friend Jessica runs an Autism program and we ran with her group.  I have not attempted to even jog since November of 2011 (when I was newly pregnant with Brody), so I made John run with me.  =)

Hanging out with Allison and Jessica before the race.  All the females in their group wore tutus. 


We survived!!!  We all ran together at the beginning for a bit, then me and Allison kept running/walking.  But more importantly, we beat all the guys.  


Me and Jessica at the after party.  

Some of the group that ran with The Angel Program.
We had a great time and I am so glad we did it, but boy my legs are sore today!  Some of our girlfriends are running another race in May so maybe this will jumpstart me to get back to running during the week!  


**********



We had planned to go to The Grove Bowl in Oxford today.  It has been a while since John and I went to the spring game and once we saw the weather was going to be nice, it was a done deal.  We unfortunately decided not to bring Brody.  It was going to be kind of a long day of being outside, and especially with him being on antibiotics and trying to get over this mess, we thought it was better.  It turned out to be a good idea because it was very warm and we all got a little too much sun. 

This was the best picture we could get before we left...I promise Mason was actually laughing here.   (Brody was asleep...he slept a lot while we were gone) 


We got there a couple of hours early so we could enjoy the day.  We ate at Oby's (one of my all time favorite places) and stuffed our faces with some good ole fried food.
(Mason being a little silly here)


We got our picture in front of the Walk of Champions.  =)


We brought a football to throw around in the Grove before the game, but I had no idea what Ole Miss had set up.  Mason was in heaven!  It was very much a fun family event and it was perfect.  Mason kicked his shoes off and had a blast.  


We did throw the football around for a bit and then got some new gear from the Ole Miss bookstore.  We all got new shirts and Mason a hat....he wore it the rest of the day. 




Just scouting out the players.  

Mason was a trooper.  It was hot and he was so tired before we even got to Oxford, but you wouldn't have known it.  He fell asleep as soon as John started the car to head home.


I was glad to see this little guy when we got back.  He is feeling much better!  
He was just glad to find his paci here.  =)



We ended the night with some crawfish.  There was a little stand sat up near our house we saw when we were on our way home.  They said they will be there the rest of the summer.

It is that time of year again.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment