Last week, literally right after Masons birthday party was over, I got the dreaded stomach bug. Then what do ya know, John got it the next morning. I was so weak. John was so sick. We started off the week on a bad foot. Then Thursday I noticed my throat was scratchy. Well it went downhill fast and by Friday, I was sick. After a very long day of work, I dropped the kiddos off at my parents and went to bed. I love John to death and he helps so much, but he doesn't even hear Brody when he wakes up at night (or morning is the better word). I needed help! And thank goodness because I woke up Saturday a new woman. No more aching, just a man voice and all those fun symptoms.
Thursday night they played a little baseball.
Brody thought they were funny.
Saturday, we headed to my friend Megan and her hubby Mark's house to see some good friends/babies and watch some football. There were a mixture of fans there. John and I of course Ole Miss, Mark - Arkansas, and a lot of Tennessee. Our game and the Tennessee game were on at the same time early in the day so we had all the TVs going.
The plan was to eventually get all the kids in their Halloween costumes but when you have so many kids at different ages, naps are spread out and there is really never a good time.
We did manage to get a picture with them all in the same shot....that was about it though. We decided this was most likely the best.
But I LOVE Mason in this one. :) And Bennett there in the front is cheesin it up.
All the little ones. Maggie is almost 5 months and Brody and Johnny are only one week apart.
Here they all are. Between 4 of our dental hygiene friends, we have 6 kiddos. But next year, 5 of us will have 7! Can't wait to find out if the 7th is a boy or girl!!
We had a great time visiting. Mason had a ton of fun. He is almost two years older than any others and I was a little worried. But he ran around like a mad man the whole time. :) Brody just slept and ate. Not to mention, the Rebels won! Woo hoo!
Here is Mason five minutes into the car ride home...
Sunday, I was ready to get some things done.
We made this fun decorative plate with Mason and Brody's handprints. It was an eventful task.
I had also planned on cooking three different dishes. They are all big enough so we could eat this week and freeze half of it for another time. It was going great and I was about to get started on meal #3 when a fire broke out on the stove. (thank goodness John turned and saw) Apparently, I am not good at multitasking. Just FYI, if you turn on the wrong burner...things can turn bad quickly! Two extra trips to the grocery store later, I finally finished two dishes but the third can wait!
It was also pumpkin carving day. Mason has a slight obsession with Angry Birds. It's actually a problem because he talks in an "angry birds" voice and also uses his fake slingshot to "get" people. We are currently working on it. But in the meantime, I guess we decided to make it worse last night.
Check out that spit up coming out of Brody's mouth. Had no idea. If Mason knew, he would've totally flipped out thinking it would get on him! Ha
Mickey Mouse and Brody.
Going in for the goods for the first time...
Ewwww!
Mason got bored really fast after we opened up the pumpkin. Actually, everyone did besides the professional pumpkin carver...AKA myself.
And the finished product. Where's Mason??
See if you can spot the cars. Mason refuses to walk into another room or outside without them.
My hands are sore, but I think it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment