Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 22, 2012

Dinosaur Birthday Party

This weekend was busy!!! We picked out pumpkins and also celebrated three birthdays. I'm going to just post about Masons party here and then later do a separate post on the weekend. And this might be the longest post ever because of all the pictures.

When we asked Mason what kind of birthday party he wanted, he said dinosaurs. So I took it and ran with it. I also told him he couldn't change his mind ten times because dinosaurs it was. :)

He has been so excited about his birthday but couldn't wait until the party. The morning of, he was so happy when we told him it was the day.


This was John and I the night before trying to break through this block to get to the dinosaur bones. After a couple of blisters and probably waking up neighbors, we succeeded.



Fortunately we had great weather yesterday! You never know what you're going to get at the end of October!



As if no one could find the huge bounce house in our tiny backyard, I made signs. :)




The box of sand and bones for the kids to "dig".





We made a dinosaur fruit tray. It's a little hard to see but the green is the body and the yellow are the spikes.


Dino grilled cheese









The table


And the cake table. (and yummy caramel apples)








John and Reese bouncing. Brinkley is about to want someone to push her in. :)



Mason, Brinkley, and Aiden sitting at his new table Mickey Mouse and Pops got him. Aiden is Masons friend from Pats house. They have the exact same birthday.




This little guy just hung out in different peoples arms the entire party. He also had Dino attire on. :)




Jani, my friend from work, and her little boy Max. He just had his first birthday.




John hiding the dinosaur eggs for the hunt!










Reese and Brinkley in their dinosaur masks.



The boys were roaring instead of taking a picture






And Grandma Reba. :)


These two guys are about to have a combined total of five kids. :)


The birthday boy!!!


So excited about his presents.








Singing happy birthday


Blowing them out. He possibly lost a few nose hairs after this picture was taken


Playing with new toys


Notice the cars in his hand...even when bouncing






Figuring out the remote control cars




This was the only picture we got and Brody wasn't even in it. Should've taken pictures at the beginning of the party instead of the end when the birthday boy was tired.



All the grandparents and great grandmas. Brody made it into this one.


We took a picture with one side but not the other. I think you lose your mind when you throw parties.


And then Masons grandpa decided to ride the dinosaur...







And at the end, John and Mason did a little bouncing by themselves.






I asked Mason what his favorite part was. He said the bounce house and food??? I don't know where the food part came from unless he was talking about the cake and ice cream. This morning when I asked him the same question he answered with the presents. I thought that sounded more like it.

The first thing he said when he woke up was, "it was my birthday party yesterday?" So I would say it was a successful day.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun time! Looks like the bouncy house was a huge success! You are such a creative momma Crissy. I love all the special dino touches you created. Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me this Dinosaur Birthday Party was mind blowing. The bash had been perfectly organized. I am just so happy to have a look at these photos. At the outdoor garden themed venues in Chicago I also will be hosting a fun party for my twin sons so your post has a lot of ideas for me.

    ReplyDelete